Commencement Ceremony Dress Code
- Students are NOT permitted to decorate their graduation caps. Any student who arrives to commencement with a decorated cap will forfeit the right to wear that cap and be issued a plain one to wear at the ceremony.
- There are no color restrictions. Please wear a clean and appropriate outfit. Please plan to wear a button-up dress shirt or blouse, dress pants or a skirt, a dress or a pants suit, tie or a bowtie, dress shoes (no sneakers or flip flops). Heels are not required.
- The graduation gown must be completely zipped at all times.
- Senate Bill 292 allows for members of the United States Armed Forces to wear their dress uniform to their graduation ceremony.
APPROVED GRADUATION REGALIA
- School-Issued Medals
- Honors Medals: Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude, Magna Cum Laude
- FHSAA State Medals
- Daytona Beach News-Journal Medallion of Excellence Medal
As determined by the school:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) Diploma
- Daytona State College: AA Honors or AA High Honors
- Military: Any branch of service
Students must be a part of the club or organization (state/nationally affiliated) for two school years (does not have to be consecutive) and in good standing, including meeting minimum volunteer hours as established by each organization.
- Active Military Service Commitment (VFW)
- Band and Chorus
- Digital Video Society
- Ebony Multicultural Society
- Future Problem Solvers
- Interact Club
- Key Club
- Leo Club
- Mu Alpha Theta
- National Honor Society
- National Honor Society for Dance Arts
- National Technical Honor Society
- Pageantry Arts Honor Society
- Red Cross
- 4-H/Robotics Club
- Student Government Association